The SUNY Oneonta Alumni Association is pleased to offer SUNY Oneonta students and alumni access to InterviewStream – cutting edge online video-based mock interview tool which gives you the power to practice, conduct, and save your interviews from the convenience of home (equipped with a web-cam and updated software). Through InterviewStream, alumni and students can schedule practice interview appointments, select interview questions to practice answering, and e-mail practice interview videos to advisors, professors, friends, or employers.
Whether you are preparing for an upcoming interview, looking to increase your confidence or seeking feedback on your interview style – InterviewStream can give you an edge!
To get started:
- Go to http://sunyaa.interviewstream.com/signup/Default.aspx
- Click “Create Account” or log in of you have already registered with InterviewStream. Create a login and password using your Oneonta email account. (If you are a student or Alumni - choose Student/Alumni as location)
- We STRONGLY recommend that you view the TUTORIAL available to understand how to use this resource. It will help you understand the process, how to set up a mock interview, record it (including technical instructions related to using the web cam), view it, and should you so choose, send it to others for feedback and suggestions.
- When you are ready to practice, click on “Conduct Interview”, where you can select questions related to your program of study or the specific job for which you are preparing.
- Be sure to adjust the webcam and volume on the right side of the computer screen before beginning the interview.
- The interviewer will ask you a question and you can then respond. When finished with your response, click the mouse and it will stop recording.
- After each question, you can either “Retry” the response, “Skip” and come back to the question, “Review” to see your response, or choose “OK” to move on.
- When the interview is complete, you will receive an email with a link to view your responses and you are then able to email your interview to others for feedback.
- For some good tips on how to avoid using “filler” words, take a look at Umm...Like Remix video. For a good laugh, watch Scary Interview.
10. Technology requirements: webcam. The Office of Alumni Affairs has a webcam available for use, call our office to arrange a time 607-436-2526.
11. Interviews are saved indefinitely so you can review and track your progress.
12. ** PLEASE NOTE, InterviewStream is an external agency and operates independently from the SUNY Oneonta Alumni Office **